- 200 g Butter - unsalted
- 200 g Dark chocolate - grated/chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 g Castor sugar
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 packet of Oreos
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease and line an 9in/23cm square baking tin with butter and baking parchment, making sure to overlap the sides a little.
- Chop up or grate the chocolate and cut the biscuits in to quarters ready for later.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, once melted remove from the pan from the heat. Add the chocolate to the pan and leave to stand for a couple of minutes, or until all the chocolate has melted and then stir.
- Put the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk until the eggs become light and fluffy. Add half of the sugar, whisk together and then add the rest of the sugar. Whisk the mixture until the mixture starts to become stiffer.
- Next pour the chocolate and butter mixture in to the bowl. Try to pour around the edges of the bowl to avoid knocking too much of the air out of the mixture.
- Add the flour, cocoa, salt and half of the biscuits and stir until fully combined and then pour into the prepared tin. Take the rest of the biscuits and spread over the top of the mixture, pressing them in so they are slightly covered.
- Place the tin in oven and cook for 25-30mins. The middle should still be a little gooey when you take it out of the oven.
- Leave to cool in the tin. Once fully cooled remove from the tin and cut into 16 squares. Dust with icing sugar.