While in lockdown I’ve tried out a few different baking recipes, although still not a banana bread surprisingly. Out of all the recipes I’ve tried this has been the easiest and one of the tastiest bakes. Quite a few people have got in touch asking for this recipe so I thought I’d share.
Let me know if you try it and share you photos with me, I love seeing people try the recipes I post.
Raspberry Oat Crumble Bars
For the filling
- 350 g Frozen raspberries (or berries of your choice)
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
For the crumble
- 135 g Porridge oats
- 180 g Plain flour
- 150 g light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140 g salted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan and line a 20" square baking tin.
- Place your berries into a colander and run under a warm tap for a minute and leave to drain for around 30minutes until softened. Squeeze out as much excess water as you can.
- Mix the berries in a bowl with the caster sugar, cornflour and plain flour.
- In a separate bowl take the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, melted butter and mix until it comes together in a crumble-like mixture.
- Firmly press around two thirds of the crumble in to the prepared tin, making sure to cover the entire base. Bake fo 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully arrange the berry layer on top of the bottom layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mix over the top and bake for a further 10 minutes until turning golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, chill in the fridge for around two hours and then cut into bars.
- Put the kettle on and enjoy 🙂