- 185 g unsalted butter
- 185 g best dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 275 g caster sugar
- 85 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 5 Cadbury Creme eggs or similar
- 150 g mini eggs
- Break the chocolate in to pieces and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter (ideally cut in to cubes) and either melt over a pan of simmering water or using a microwave. When using the latter try and stir every 30 seconds making sure not to over do it. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C Fan and grease a 20cm square tin and line with baking paper.
- Break the eggs in to a bowl and add the caster sugar. Using an electric mixer whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, this should take around 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture you made earlier over the egg mixture and gently fold together.
- Add the flour and cocoa to the mix using a sieve to avoid large lumps and again fold it in gently.
- Pour the mixture in to the prepared tin, place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the brownie is baking crush around half of the mini eggs and cut the Creme eggs in half.
- After 20-25 minutes take the brownie out of the oven, press in the Creme eggs and scatter the crushed and full mini eggs over the top. Bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Now take the brownie out of the oven and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to cool for around an hour. Lift out of the tin and cut as desired.